So I was biking on my way back home and since I knew I was close to the new venue of Lerner bookstore at 11th avenue with 93A street, I decided I was going to pass by, take a look at some books and stay for a while. They have this racks for parking bikes but it seems like they weren't well thought since my bike couldn't fit in any position so I had to use my chain to lock my bike to one side of the rack but not into any of the spaces available.
Then, there I was walking around the bookstore taking a quick look over some books that dragged my attention and that weren't plasticized, you know so you can read them and see if you like them or not. I had already walked through the whole first floor and was about to go to the second floor when I listen and then saw a foreign guy talking in English on his phone. He was looking to the wall where there were books related with design and I guess, cause I didn't really listen nor stopped to eavesdrop, that he was telling to the person he had on the phone what where the books he was looking and which one should he get to that person, anyway, all so far in my imagination.
Well I went to the second floor, didn't take much time there, then went back down and this guy was going up, and we crossed on the stairs. All I said to him was "hi" and he said "hi" back. Oh, right, I went up looking for literature in English and I was told it was in the first floor so I was going there, now. Stood there for a while, taking a look on some books and this guy walked close to where I was and said something like: "oh, I thought I would find you here" and I replied something like: "yeah, I just wanted to look some books in English". A couple of minutes after he came to where I was and started to see books in English as well. We didn't talk but each one kept in his/her own business until I cast his attention by some random spontaneous silly act I did: a mosquito was flying around my jacket and I felt like killing him against the wall I had next to me with the fat book I was reading, and succeeded.
Boom! of course that was a noise and he looked at me, I guess I scared him since that was unexpected and then I said: "sorry, I just felt like doing it so" and he replied something like "no, it's okay, you made me laugh".
Again, each one of us looking silently at different books. One called my attention since it had a dog in the cover but it was plasticized. I realized it was already opened in the bottom so I took the plastic off. He saw what I did and asked:
- Are you allowed to do that?
- Well it was already opened.
He kept repeating for himself the words "already opened" and opened another book that he wanted to look. There was some kind of implicit complicity between us to which I respond: "but I wasn't lying". He replied: "I know, I know". Then he said something like "well at least is good I opened cause now I'm buying it, right?" I said "yeah". He went to the cashier and I left the place.
End of the story.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario